Monday, May 23, 2011

Monet

I enjoy going to our local paint-your-own-pottery place, As You Wish
When I learned we going to have a little chicken I was so excited about all the adorable gift ideas you can do with children's hand/feet/finger prints. 

Since, we have made a few, but I still have a ton of good ideas.  They aren't exactly cheap ideas, though. Plus, I have to hold some things over for SBRs siblings to do. 
I call it Family Planning.

I'm currently working on a piece.  I've done this one before, as a gift for a friend, and it took me 2 sittings & 9 hours.  I want this one to come out better than the last so I'm really trying to take my time, but my deadline is also fastly approaching. 
I decided to take SBR with me to see how much I could get done.  He had not napped this day, but was well fed.  I thought I may be able to get 2 hours in. 

After about an hour he became restless and I wasn't ready to leave yet, so I decided to see how he would do. 

He had a blast!  WE had a blast!  I can't wait to go back & make more with him!



For his first birthday, we are having a small (growing large) party at our house.  Mr. Husband is smoking a brisket, our good friend is doing face paintings & we are setting up our outdoor patio table for finger painting for the kiddos.


His birthday cake plate, for years to come.

What a perfect fit to go along with the theme!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love It. Looks like SBR has a gift for painting.