Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Brown Eyed Girl

Constant  [Con-stent]:  person(s) in your life that may not be present everyday, you may not speak to every day, week or month.  But they are constantly there.  Whenever or whatever you need them for-  a cry, a laugh, a secret confession, it doesn't matter.  And it's as if no time has elapsed at all.


I've had many many friends throughout my life.  You've heard the saying:  Friends for a Reason, Friends for a Season.  
I've had friends let me down and pick me up;  Some have betrayed me and some surprised me.  People that made me think they were my friends and people that I didn't even know where friends until it really mattered.


I think people are like puzzles that take for ever to figure out- pieces go missing, more get added.  It takes  a while to forge a true friendship.  But when you do, it's a beautiful thing.


Page Turner... you are my forever constant.  You are my-soul-sista-from-anotha-generation.


It makes me sad SBR won't have a cute nickname for you.  I wish we would've joked about it, at least when could've.  If I wasn't so against the thought of having a baby... 
But he will  know you.  He will because I talk about you.  A lot.  Mr. Husband talks about you, too.  And when we're in IL, we will see you.  And eventually, you will visit him here.


My birthday wish for you today is that you change one thing about your life this year.  You don't have to open a coffee shop or  lose a ton of weight.  Just one small thing to get you back on your path to making YOU happy.  Deal?



You've been so much in my life, you've helped shape my adulthood, more than you will ever know.  You saw I wanted to be a better person and you have helped and continue to help make that happen. You deserve the same.




Happy Birthday, Page Turner!  We LoVe YoU!!


From across the country, we give hugs.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thank you my beautiful friend and your beautiful SBR. Love you!

Anonymous said...

First... she is not really YOUR brown eyed girl.

Second... I guess, I don't need to bother writing her a sweet bday blog.

Third... that was VERY beautifully written.

Well done, young blog writer.
Well done.

Love- Tru Stories.
(and I REALLY hope we are visiting soon...Dad, can you hear me???)