Sunday, January 2, 2011

I Got a Mall Cut

When I was really little, after my step dad would get his hair cut, my sister and I would ask.... Did you get a hair cut?  
To which he would reply... No, I got a mall cut
I never understood this as a child... What the heck does that have to do with anything??

It wasn't until very many years later, I realized he was saying, No, I got 'em all cut!  I mean, I was like 23.


When we planned our trip to IL for this winter and SBR was born like a hippie needing a hair cut, Mr. Husband became super excited. 

One of Papa's oldest & best friends is Mr. Ed.  He's been cutting hair for 30+ years.  He learned how to cut hair on Papa, he gave Mr. Husband his first hair cut, and now... he would give SBR his first  cut. 

Is 6 mos a little young for the first time in the chair? 
I think, maybe.  But to carry on such a great tradition, (and Mr. Husband ecstatic & gushing with pride) we were more than honored  to have Mr. Ed cut SBR's hair. 

So... Here we are.  Same complaints, with no one to blame but ourselves... my little baby is growing up too fast. 

Pre-cut
 




Thank you Mr. Ed, for being a part of yet another memorable milestone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable! He was MEANT for pictures!