Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Gender prediction



I actually enjoy pregnancy.  If you know me, this may be shocking.  It still weirds me out, key words still completely gross me out.  But overall, mine have been fairly easy. 
That being said, this pregnancy is pretty different from SBR's. 

If baby in utero is anything like baby in life... we may have our hands full!

SBR was a text-book pregnancy and has been a text book baby.  He is like a reliable clock, always on time, mostly easy going, very sweet. 
In utero, he just rolled around, no kicking, no pushing or shoving.  I did not truly know 'rib pain.'  The worst part of his pregnancy was the constant heartburn.
Nausea stopped 2 days after my 2nd tri-mester began, energy perked right up, and dropped right around middle of 3rd tri-mester and according to my calculations, he was born at 40 weeks to the day.

This little chicken not so much text book...
I didn't get a little nausea and morning sickness until week 20.  Emotions hit the fan starting at 25 weeks.  Both 1st trimester symptoms. Fatigue, all through-out.  This bebe's favorite move is streeeeetchy.. then a quick kick or jab. 
My ribs are very much a problem and very in the way! 
I've been a lot more moody and intolerant, but that could be living in the desert in the middle of the summer, with what has to be the highest humidity percentages on record.  (I know most of my audience is in the mid-west, and I vaguly remember 80% days, but this is HORRIBLE!)

I took 3 quizzes today to see what the *stars* say we're having. 

Friends, family, strangers guessing- I get a good mix of both.  I think a lot of people want girl, so that sort of distorts any real inclination they may have.
With SBR, everyone said boy, except like 3 people.

I'm carrying right in the middle, the heart rate is very average- 140s, I've been craving Mexican and sugary foods.   Most of the little wive's tales people try to use are middle of the road.


My prediction- Girl.  I often, in my head, think girl or she.  We found a girl's name pretty quickly, though we still throw around several and nothing is set in stone until we see the baby.  Mr. Husband comes from a long line of girls, of 10 nieces and nephews there are 4 boys, 6 girls.  Each family getting only one boy.


However, I look at ultra-sound photos and it just completely looks like a boy to me.
I've said all along, I would be happy with another boy.  I think SBR needs a little brother.  I have so many cute, cute boy things that really need more use. 
Plus SBR is going to be the big kid in school, he needs an ally.  
And if we had a boy, we would probably go for #3 to get a girl and I've always wanted 3.  Transistion from nursery to big boy room would be easy.  They would have bunkbeds. 
But if this one is a girl, chances are we will be done.
Mr. Husband thinks Girl.  He was right with SBR.


So, the quiz results?  of 3 quizzes... I got results of: 
 Boy, Girl and Either Way.
Really?  thanks. 
I guess that's better than the one I took with SBR where the 'Madam' predicted a 13 lb baby that was 17" long after 32 hours of labor.  But even she was right on the sex.
funny, I couldn't find her site today... wonder what ever happened to her...

Tell me, what do you think?
Boy or Girl




3 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a boy in the picture. I want it to be a girl, but looks like a boy.
Doesn't really matter, judging from SBR it will be beautiful no matter what the sex is.

Tru Stories said...

I have never been able to guess other people's babies. I don't even try. I always knew what I was having... I dreamt them... except I really tried wishing Tink was a boy. But deep down I knew I was wrong.
I vote for either.

Pat "Poppee" Laughlin said...

Personally I would like another boy. Knowing Andi and russ' personalities I think two boys and a girl would be perfect for them. I think Russ would be like jelly every time his little girl looked at him. I think Reid is very conscientious for his age and would be a great mentor/big brother to a boy and THEN a younger sister. I really would love to see a little brother for our desert cowboy.