Friday, August 10, 2012

Growin Up

Someone told me while your pregnant your older children will 'grow-up' to make room for a baby. 
I'm sure it seems this way, really 9 mos in a toddler-growing-world is a long time and there is a lot of growing up to be had.   So I guess I believe the statement, but maybe not the logic. 

So many friends have sent, or are preparing to send, their babies to that big scary place this month.  The place filled with tons of rotten, mean, dirty, impolite, entitled children.  Underpaid and over-whelmed teachers, over-filled classrooms.  Scary Janitors.  Mean Bullies! 
I make the decision to 'choose Joy' and not think about it. 
(apologies to those parents affected by this new journey, I'm sure your kid's school is like a fairy princess land. seriously.)

Here is a little poem that made me cry and I'm not even there yet.  But it still sums up every emotion I know I will have when the big day comes.

I wonder what you’re doing right now,
And if everyone is treating you kind,
I hope there is a special person
A nice friend you can find.

I wonder if the teacher knows
Just how special you are to me.
And if the brightness of your heart
Is something that she can see.

I wonder if you are thinking about me,
And if you need a hug.
I already miss the sound of your voice
And how you give my leg a tug.

I wonder if you could possibly understand
How hard it is for me to let you grow.
On this day know that my heart breaks,
For this is the first step in letting  my baby go.

We may not be school-bound yet, but SBR is definitely GroWinG Up.  I try to relish in the fact he really is only 2.  He's with his daddy everyday and with an amazing, loving, caring Friend twice a week.  He's very happy and he's more than very loved.  He's still so sweet and innocent, untainted by our cruel world and thinks his parents are everything!

Here's our little 2 year old baby in the last week. 
I swear the camera adds 2 years, he is not ready for Kindergarten! (and obviously, neither am I)






 






2 comments:

Unknown said...

Don't worry SBR will probably revert to baby when the new baby arrives. He'll want some extra attention. The most shocking part of the 2nd child is you really can love them as much as the first!
I can still remember how terrible it was to send my babies to school.
It was not bad watching The Kid go to school because he is a learning machine. I knew he would love it.
It breaks my heart that tiny, little Tink is going to school. I don't want her to grow up. She is so sweet. Right now she is a Grammy's girl.
Coco is already growing too fast.

Unknown said...

I look at the pictures of SBR and just think, Millhouse is an awesome Mom. Look at that happy boy.
Makes me smiling remember how you did not really like children! So funny now.