Monday, April 4, 2011

Rock-a-bye-baby

Have you ever really paid attention to that song?  A bit morbid don't you think?  What's up with that?


A few days ago, my mom suggested I create something, you know... look around the house, see what can be useful & make it.  um?  duh.  why didn't I think of that?  so simple.  

The problem is, I'm not that creative.  I can see something & reproduce it... yes, kind of like stealing. 
My mother-in-law always says (Mom's are so wise): 
Stealing (as in copying) is the best flattery. 
I have made that my mantra & taken it to a new level.

SO... my million dollar idea? 

Jumbo Baby Swings.   With a 5 point harness for safety. You know, in case one of those larger infants decide they want to sit up while swinging in a reclined position, try to get out & end up hanging out of the swing side-ways screaming (if they could talk) what I imagine translates too.... HELP! you awful-neglectful-but-very-loving-parents of mine! while still swinging back and forth, back and forth.
This picture is painted so well in my head, it's like it's almost happened or something.

Just under 3 mos


Present day- 7 mos later

<Insert Jumbo Swing idea >
Looks like it may be time for a new baby sitter!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

Hah.

I bet you could take a 5-pt harness carseat and engineer a way to make it swing. :)

Unknown said...

I am in constant awe of you. You're list is so honest. It's your insecurities that make you the bestus momma there is. Always.