Thursday, December 23, 2010

Nesting in a Pear Tree

I might have mentioned, over the last 15 mos our house has been under remodel.  
This remodel, obviously, took me through my entire pregnancy.  With my water breaking the night our master bedroom was finished. & the nursery floor being finished the day before we brought home our precious  Larger-than-Bundle of joy. 
 
We are down-to-the-wire kind of folks.  

I never got the chance tonest. 
Until now.  About 6 mos late.  Poor timing.   
Add in the fact Im a horrible at time management, and there is just SO much to do.  

By the time we were able to get our Christmas Tree & decorate for the big holiday, we only had 12 days left.  I didnt want to drag out all my stuff.  Do you know how long it takes to wrap all those little knick knack & ornaments back up?? Plus we are leaving for a week just 3 days after Christmas.
(with a house sitter, baby stalker robbers, beware!)   

I like the Noble Fir Trees.  Of course I do, they are the expensive ones.  I just couldnt bring myself to spend $80 on a full size tree for 12 days.  So we opted for 2 small ones.  One for our front room, about as tall as I, one for Reids room.  About a foot taller than he is.  
 
This is Reid's Tree

Decked w/ cute 1st baby ornaments from Poppa & Grams, all of my white & blue ornaments, plus a few Daddy wanted to share.  Its very sweet & sits in his room. 
 
Ours is cute too.  its funny- like haha, little...  no 'Prescher' for the 15 ft Griswold Family Christmas Tree this year. 

With the last precious ornament, Baby’s First Christmas hung on the perfect little branch right at the top to commemorate what has been one of the greatest years of our life… Here’s to Us, Mr. Husband, good to know We make one awesome baby!



 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

SBR's tree is adorable. Perfect for his first Christmas. Won't be long now and I will get to meet the sweetie. I hope he warms up to strangers quickly. I am going to want to cuddle and kiss on him!!