Saturday, December 18, 2010

M.O.T.Y.

[MOE-tee]  Definition:   Mother of the Year
Like the Darwin Award's Honorable Mentions- for Motherhood.

This past week our Rock Star baby had his 6 mos check up.  He is now in the 75% for height & weight.  Weighing in at 19.5 lbs & 27 1/2" long.  
Could our boy be listening to my requests to slow down? 
I will take it!

He wasn't able to get his immunizations due to an ear infection.
They put him on antibiotics.  
Daddy's administers the a.m.  I, the p.m.

Just call me Moty:   
I read the label: 1 tsp 4 times a days.
On Day 3, I thought, there is no way this is going to last 10 days.  I take a closer look at the label.  1 ML 4 times a day.  OMG... I've been O.D.'ing the tot on Amoxicillin!!  I quickly text our favorite Dr. in CA.  While she's very quick on the texting, it wasn't fast enough.  I call the pharmacist.  I'm informed, he will be fine, just maybe some diarhea. <sigh of relief> Um... gross.

Then, on day 5, Auntie neighbor reads the label... Uh, Momma?  This says 4 MLs twice a day.  uh-huh... Wait.... what?? Great!  still potential for O.D. & just when things were calming down around here.
Okay... So it's 4 ML's (just 1 ML shy of the teaspoon, back up to Not-so-bad, except, it says twice a day, not 4 times, and back down to not-so-great). 

So here we are day 6, boy is still alive, happier than ever, really. Getting the correct dosage of medication.  Let's hope we have enough to get us until Thursday. 

And Yes... The Poo-Nami came... this morning.  Right before I got pee'd all over.  yaaaay....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hilarious! The oldest child is the teaching child. We parents learn as we go along. He'll survive teaching you. Just think how good you will be for child #2.