Monday, January 21, 2013

Too Pretty to Be A Boy

They say you shouldn't constantly tell your children how cute they are, how pretty they are.  It teaches them to focus on appearances and differences.  It can cause them to act like a brat, because they know they are sooo cute! 
It's not what's on the outside that counts, it's what's on the inside.
blahblahblah
Sure... okay, I can see all of that.  However when you have a child as Beautiful as SBR, it's so hard for me to not say it to him all.the.time.

SBR loves to be in the bathroom when I'm putting on make-up.  He loves playing with the brushes and mimic what I am doing. 
On Christmas morning, as I'm putting on my mascara, I look over and he has snagged my lip gloss and attempted to put it on, as if it was mascara.


The other day, as I'm at work, Husband is home with the boys. 
He's feeding ET and all is quiet.  All is quiet?  Never good in our home.

This is what he found...


that smeary looking bag is my brushes bag, it will never be black again.


These pictures do not do it justice.  At all.  He had almost all of my loose powder gone.  A little impressive seeing it was an almost full container and it comes out through teeny tiny holes. 
That little dish in the last picture- brand new, barely used and a favorite, cream eye shadow... Where did it go?  All over my makeup bag, every single brush, the sink and floor. 
And my brand new bronzing stick?  Broken, chunked out, un-usable.

I'm told all of this was done shortly after his bath, in less than 3 minutes.
When I got home, he was... tanner... and sparkly.  His back felt sticky yet smooth.  His BACK. 
All I can say is SBR is not taking notes very well. 

you're wondering what's up with the duct tape, aren't you?  he takes his pull-ups off at nap time and bedtime, it's our only solution.  stop judging.

I told SBR... you don't need makeup, baby, you are already too beautiful.
And kissed his tanned chubby cheeks.
and right on cue, he sighed, pushed me back with his hand and said... STOP it, Mawm!

oh, I'm sorry, is THAT embarrassing you?  wait till you're older and this blog surfaces.

Love,
Mom

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is too beautiful!! All I can think about is how expensive all that make-up is.
The Page Turner

Tru Stories said...

At least he didn't throw all the brushes in pee water and then put them back in your make up bag...

Momma said...

I did't actually think of that, maybe he did??

The Mrs. said...

I will not judge you for the duct tape. We had to do the exact some thing (we used painter's tape though) with Elaina. Desperate times, desperate measures.