Thursday, July 28, 2011

I Pick You

Each night SBR & I have our very practiced bedtime routine. 
Sometimes (almost every other night) it will start with his bath.  
Then we pick out his jammies.  I pick two, he picks 1 from those 2. 


He gets lotioned up, clean diapered, jammied head to toe.  
We're about 75/25 on how many times he throws a fit. 


After he's dressed to the [cloud] 9's, we dim the lights and start his lullaby's.  
Then we go to the chair, I rock him as I read him a story (most of the nights).  
He gets his milk and then it's time for bed. 


Tonight, as he finished his milk, I was holding him like a baby and I was softly playing with his hair. 
I was looking at this beautiful little boy, into his slow, sleepy, big, blue eyes. 
I was thinking I could stare at him all night long.  It was such a sweet moment.


Then I started softly talking to him.  I told him, "You are the most amazing little boy, ever.  I love you so much, you will always be SO special to me, buddy.  You are such a sweet sweet little boy."  (as I feel his hands start to touch my face, it tickles, so I close my eyes, as I continue talking) "You, my baby, someday.. you are going to be..."


And this is the part where he sticks his cute little tiny index finger straight UP MY NOSE.  
I open my eyes & he starts belly gut laughing. 


End Of Story.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember... a long time ago... I used to have long, slow, special bedtime moments with The Kid.
And now, 2 extra girls later... bedtime is a crazy, insane mess of parental mistakes 'Sure Tink, you can watch a movie'... not remember to brush all the teeth, forgetting to kiss the oldest... and so on.
Just Wait-
Some terrible mother in The Midwest.

Unknown said...

You are such a Mom. What I love is that you never dreamed you could have such capacity for loving a child.
Children make you love, make you laugh, and even cry. What a gift.
I remember the special times I used to have holding a terrible mother in The Midwest!