Thursday, August 1, 2013

The "Sh..." Word

Lately it seems the "Trying 3's" have entered our home.  

In case you don't remember, or maybe you didn't know, or maybe/probably I need to be  reminded myself... SBR stands for Sweet Baby Reid.  In real life I do often refer to him as "SweetBoy."  Just not so much lately. 

He talks back... <hands fiercely on his hips> Not me... no... YOU do it!  He is super bossy....  Mommy, stop kissing Eli... Eli, stop craw'ing dare,  Barley, stop chewing dat... ; and he whines the longest high-pitched whiiiiiniest whine whines.  Yep, he pushes all the right buttons with the perfect caress and little jab.

He has me clinging to the precious bebe and begging him to stop growing. 

Then there was today.  Today was actually a good day.  He had a great day at the Sweet Sitter's (he's an angel there).  Then I took him shopping for about 45 minutes.  He was surprisingly really good in the store. (shopping has a 50/50 success rate with SBR)  
He even accepted "No," in response to not one, but TWo "Mooommy?  I waaaant dis..." 

Then, after dinner, SBR was allowed to pick a cookie.  I was off getting the baby ready to go swimming, when SBR "Sh" word'd.  He took half of his cookie and gave it to Daddy.  Then he came and gave me half of HIS half.  He ate a quarter of his cookie.   
SBR SHARED! 
Without being prompted?  or swayed?  or... or... what??  

Husband and I were so shocked we didn't actually eat it till after SBR was in bed.   

Aaaawwe,  see!  He is still our sweet-sweet SBR after all. 


I bet it's the heat.  Yeah, it's for sure the heat. 



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a sweet boy! You must be doing something right.
The Candy Lady

Liz said...

Sweet Baby RAY, because you weren't speaking properly at the moment. But I'm happy that he's back to being our SBR. And that you're blogging. And that you got some cookie.